Students in Years 7 through to 11 may leave the school site to go home for lunch. A pass will be issued when the permission letter has been received by school. Students with a pass can exit the site from the Nabbs site entrance only at Dinner time.
Gates will be closed during the lunchtime session and reopened for students to return at 1:20pm.
Please note: Lunch passes are a privilege to be earned not a right to be received. Passes may be withdrawn at staff discretion following inappropriate behaviour.
Students staying on site can eat their packed lunch or purchase food in the Hillcrest and Nabbs canteens. All students will have their fingerprint scanned to create an account and must use their finger scan to purchase food.
There are 2 ways of putting money onto your child’s account in order that they can purchase food:
Option 1: Create your own online account
- Go to the sQuid webpage squidcard.com/ncc where you will find The Holgate Academy webpage
- Select ‘Register with sQuid’ to view the webpage that outlines how to create an account and register your unique sQuid registration number.
- Create a sQuid account by registering your details and by creating your own username, password and security question and answer.
- Register your sQuid registration number and 3 digit security code .
You will receive this number and code by letter once your child’s finger scan has been registered.
Once you have created a sQuid account you are able to:
- Check your account balance.
- Top up your account from your bank account, credit or debit card.
- View your transactions.
- Update your details.
Option 2: Use the ‘parking meter’ type cash points that are situated against the dining halls on both Nabbs and Hillcrest sites.
- Money can be put in these machines before school, at break and at lunchtimes.
- The machine accepts 10p, 20p, 50p £1, £2 coins, £5, £10 and £20 notes.