Are you interested in becoming a governor?
We have a vacancy for a parent governor. As a governor, you will normally hold office for a period of 4 years, even if your child leaves the Academy during this time. You can, however, resign from the Academy board at any time.
Academy boards are responsible for a wide range of matters which come under three core functions:
- Ensuring Clarity, vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
They do not get involved in the operational day-to-day running of the school.
Our Academy board expects governors to:
- attend two termly meetings of the full Academy Board *
- sit on at least one portfolio and attend the meetings which are usually twice a term*
- visit the Academy formally for monitoring purposes at least once a term **
- visit the Academy informally for open and presentation evenings, etc
- commit to attend training courses, perform additional research as required and take part in monitoring areas within the Academy.
* meetings are usually held on Mondays from 1700.
** preferably daytime whilst the Academy is in ‘session’.
All new and re-appointed Academy governors are required to complete a declaration of eligibility form and we will make a Disclosure and Barring Service referral.
An election will be held if more nominations are received than the number of vacancies.
Closing date for applications: 20 March 2017