The Holgate Academy is committed to raising the achievement of students with English as an additional language. We identify individual student’s needs and seek to ensure they have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
We also build on students exciting skills and we endeavour to make all out students confident, independent learners who feel they contribute and belong in the Academy and the community.
How we support EAL students;
- Identify needs on arrival to The Holgate Academy.
- Have a mentor who monitors and supports individuals.
- Monitor progress and needs.
- Offer support for first language exams.
- Ongoing assessments of needs leading up to GCSE exams.
Useful Links for Students and Parents
Learn English Grammar and Vocabulary: