In addition to the hard copy resources provided for you in Hillcrest Careers and employability Library this page will provide you with links to useful websites to support your ongoing careers education and guidance needs. If you have any questions or suggestions, please see Mrs McKenna.
Remember if you want/need guidance you can see Mrs McKenna in The Careers and Employability Library (Hillcrest Library) on Monday Lunchtime and Wednesday/Thursday Period 7.
- Students in years 7-11 will have access to a taught curriculum of careers education which meets the standards set out by the CDI careers and employability framework.
- Students in year 8 will be given specific guidance in relation to making GCSE options choices.
- All year 10 and 12 students will have access to a period of work experience in a placement appropriately health and safety checked by the Academy.
- All year 11 students will have access to Careers guidance and support appropriate to their needs including access to impartial 1:1 guidance on request or by referral to support their post 16 transition and career decision making.
- During post 16 all students will have access to Careers guidance and support appropriate to their needs.
- The school will provide access to up to date, unbiased information via the schools Careers and Employability Library and the school website.
- All students will be guided to appropriate online resources.
- All students will have access to at least 6 employer/external provider meaningful interactions during the course of their time at Holgate.