Here at The Holgate Academy we run a transition programme to support and prepare students from year 5 upwards for secondary education.
For the crucial transition time from year 6 to year 7, we provide key support at every step of this process, ensuring that all children and their families make this transition as smoothly as possible.
We have strong partnerships with our primary family of schools and liaise closely to support the transition process. Our extensive plan of activity includes:
- Taster Days introducing pupils to subject-specific lessons
- Year 5 open evening held in the summer term
- Year 6 open evening in the autumn term
- Academy in Action tours run throughout the academic year
- Visits to local primary schools to meet with year 6 students and staff
- Year 6 transition days in July – a chance to experience academy life and meet their new tutor group. Parents are also invited to an evening event to meet their child’s house leaders.
Please view our schedule of activities below and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the transition team: firstname.lastname@example.org.