Key stage 3
Photography is experienced by all students at key stage 3 as part of the design and technology rotation. In year 7 the focus is on developing some of the basic settings such as aperture and manual/auto focus. Students then get to creatively apply these skills to Legography. Year 8 explores the use of digital editing software such as Photoshop and students creatively apply digital drawing to photographs. Finally, year 8 students move on to experimenting with lighting and shutter speed within a horror theme. Year 9 focuses on creative careers, students explore the use of photography within the commercial industry and produce their own adverts, album covers and magazine covers.
Aims of the subject
We aim to:
- build on students’ knowledge , skills and application so they are confident to produce creative outcomes
- build on students’ understanding of compositional elements within photography.
- build on students’ understanding of cameras and build on their confidence applying these skills.
- build on students understanding of the many different photographers and influences.
- gain skills and confidence in articulating their understanding of photography through evaluating and analysis.