At The Holgate Academy, we expect all students to take pride in their appearance and to wear the correct uniform every day.
Please see our uniform policy below:
Our academy uniform consists of:
- Grey blazer with The Holgate Academy badge.
- Black trousers (these are to be formal black bootleg or straight leg).
The following styles are not permitted:
– cropped trousers
– additional zips or other embellishments
- Black skirt (should be of a formal style). Additional zips or other embellishments are not permitted. Please note: the academy has the discretion to determine whether a skirt is too short for a formal, educational setting.
- White shirt (plain white shirt with a formal collar should be worn. All shirts should be able to fasten the top button. V-necked blouses are not acceptable. No coloured T shirts should be worn underneath the white shirt or be visible at the neck and waist).
- Holgate tie – a clip on school tie should be worn correctly up to the top button and under the collar.
- School jumper (optional) – a plain black jumper with the school badge (available from Hucknall Sports). Students can also wear a plain black V-neck jumper rather than the branded jumper.
- Footwear – plain black formal shoes (shoes should have no coloured logos, patterns or coloured laces. Toeless, backless, trainers, canvas footwear, fashion boots, high heels or plimsolls are not acceptable).
- Plain black socks or tights should be worn.
- Coats – suitable outdoor coats will be required. Sports tops, hoodies, track suit tops or cardigans are not acceptable.
- Head Scarf – The Holgate Academy respects the right of students to wear a head scarf on religious grounds. However, in keeping with a uniform code, we restrict the colours to black, grey or white. The scarf must be of a single colour: no logos or patterns.
If students do not comply with uniform requirements, items will be loaned until the end of the academy day. Students who present in items that are deemed to be not part of the uniform code will be sent to student services. Parent/carers will be contacted to request that the correct item to be brought to the academy. Students will be expected to borrow items from student services whilst the situation is resolved in order to minimise missed learning. Failure to comply will result in loss of social time and other sanctions as deemed necessary.