Key stage 3
Personal development is delivered to all students as part of the core curriculum. The subject aims to teach the students the broader life skills through a curriculum encompassing citizenship, financial education, relationships and sex education, PSHE and careers. The taught content is supplemented with a range of employer engagement activities and the work experience programme as well as activities across the curriculum.
Aims of the subject
We aim to:
- give students the knowledge and skills to be successful beyond school life.
- to enable students to make thoughtful and appropriate decisions
- play a full role in our democratic society by being knowledgeable about their role as a citizen
- to manage risk and keep themselves safe form harm in a variety of situations.
- to manage money and be aware of their own attitudes towards money
- to be able to form and articulate their opinions and views on a wide range of topical issues.