Creative textiles will suit students who like experimenting with art and textiles, sewing, drawing and working with their hands to create 2D and 3D pieces of work. This course is ideal for students who enjoy being creative and who are thinking about further education or careers in textiles, fashion and art and design.
What will I learn?
This qualification allows you to develop a wide range of creative skills including textiles, craft and design. You will be able to develop your creative skills to explore, develop and communicate your own ideas using art and textile medium.
Students will develop skills in how to:
- record responses to direct experience;
- develop ideas for their work, investigating visual and other sources of information;
- explore and use a range of media for working in two and/or three dimensions;
- review, modify and refine work as it progresses and realise intentions;
- identify the distinctive characteristics of textiles, craft and design, and relate them to the context in which the work was created, making connections with their own work; and
- make critical judgements about textile, craft and design, using specialist vocabulary.
How will I be assessed?
Future pathways and careers
- Clothing/textile technologist
- Colour technologist
- Interior and spatial designer
- Fashion designer
- Textile designer
- Costume designer