Statistics is about making decisions when there is uncertainty. Perhaps one of the most versatile areas of maths, it gives students the skills to collect, analyse, interpret and present data.
Studying statistics complements other subjects such as:
- business, and
GCSE statistics has a foundation tier (grade 1-5) and higher tier (grade 4-9). The course will cover:
- data collection for hypothesis testing;
- representing data sets pictorially;
- calculating statistical measures to compare data;
- using data analysis to interpret trends and make predictions; and
- statistical enquiry cycle.