Key stage 3
Music is delivered to all key stage students. They have access to a specialist music room and practise rooms along with specialist equipment. We offer extracurricular activities such as school choir along with peripatetic sessions which can be booked through school. Music is vital in schools as we believe it opens young minds to different aesthetics and cultures. It helps students connect and build on divergent thinking and focus.
Aims of the subject
- to build confidence in students ability to perform, listen and evaluate music
- to be introduced to many different and varied musical artist, styles and cultures.
- to gain confidence in using their voices
- to build skills, knowledge and understanding of how to compose and create their own sounds using various instruments.
- learn and understand how music is created and the various components needed such as pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture and structure.