The subject aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to help them understand their place in the world around them as what has happened in the past has shaped the present.
Aims of the subject
We aim to:
• enable students to make links between themes over time e.g. empire, conflict, challenges to monarchs’ power
• develop students’ skills in second order concepts such as change and continuity, significance, cause and consequence
• develop skills in source analysis to effectively evaluate evidence
• develop literacy and communication skills through explanation of ideas, supporting an argument.
Key stage 4
History is an engaging and interesting subject that will suit students who have an interest in exploring events, developments, and personalities from the past.
How will I be assessed?
Future pathways and careers
- Further study in history or related subjects
- Civil services